Oct 21, 2013

More goodies in the mail!


 So the other day I got some new goodies in the mail.  It was my birthday a few days ago so I ordered a couple things from Sephora to get my birthday benefit item.  Than I also found a fabulous deal on EM Cosmetics so I ordered from there.



 So first www.sephora.com.  From there I got some of those velvet eyeliner applications.  I got them because I loved winged eyeliner and no matter how well I can do it on other people I suck at getting it even on myself.  So shoot, why not try it. 

I have not tried a pair yet but shall be going out with the hubby one night soon so I shall try them then.  I love them and I hope they work as well as I want.  I kinda wish they came in different colors but alas just black.  The top box was $7 for the 3 pairs and the bottom set was $3.

http://www.sephora.com/black-magic-eyeliner-applique-set-P376611?skuId=1439785
http://www.sephora.com/velvet-eyeliner-appliques-P374912?skuId=1418011

Than also I used up my beauty insider points and got several items.  I got the little sample of Benefit Benetint, Nars Pro-Prime Light Optimizer and Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser.  Those were each 100 points.  Than from the 3 free samples I got Smashbox Liquid Halo High Definition Light foundation (with 4 shades and price for regular size bottle of this foundation is $42!) and a perfume sample but I don't recall the name at this moment.


Than of course I got my birthday item.  I think for as long as I have been ordering from Sephora I have never gotten my birthday item.  And this year it was samples of the Benefit They're Real! mascara and than Watt's Up! which I believe is a highlighter.  Have yet to try either item.  It came in a cute little package that said happy birthday and an adorable design. 


All in all love what I got from Sephora.  It is my favorite makeup shop. 

Than my other package was the Life Palette I ordered from EM Cosmetics.  As I said there was a great deal. 

This was it.  I got the Love Palette.  When I ordered I also got the travel palette case for free with my order.  Than also I got free shipping and save I think another 20 or so dollars.  Over all the price for a life palette is $75 and I paid under $50.  Right now there is still free shipping and you get the travel palette also as a bonus.


It is beautiful.  There are 24 shades of eyeshadow, 8 lip shades and 4 cheek colors.  It is broken into 4 separate groupings.  Each shade is removable from the large palette to put into the travel palette.  And they have included a little tool to help you pop the tins out.


Sorry the photo is upside down.  Each section has it own name.  So I am going to do them from the top left clockwise.  The top left is the All Yours look, top right is the Girl Time look, the bottom right is the Warm Fuzzies look and the bottom left is the Real Me look.  Included in the kit is a card with some "recipes" for different looks using the different looks.  Also included is a sheet of stickers with names of the different looks which I assume is for when you transfer them into the travel palette.  Also there are some blank stickers for you to mix and match shade and name the look yourself. 


All in all a great haul from both orders for about $60.  One can not complain at all.  I personally can't not wait to try the EM colors and see how they handle.  One last thing I have to say is that the palettes from EM are nice and heavy.  Not flimsy like some brands.  So that was great.  And the packaging for shipping was superb!  You can see it in this picture.  I took the items from the pink tissue paper but there is bubble wrap and that packing paper at the bottom.  Great job Michelle with this brand!  I wish you luck.

And for those who don't know, EM cosmetics is the brain child of Michelle Phan.  She also works with Ipsy which I have posted about.  http://www.emcosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment